Manual Collages

3/04/2016

So I was curious to see what would pop up if I ditched photoshop for something.... non-digital. A manual medium that requires me to work with my hands. So I tried to do digital imaging manually.

There were no magazines with interesing imagery in my disposal so with I printed out commercial-free stock images in black-n-white to use as my collage.  To hold it all together I used Elmers glue which also serves as a top coat for the printouts so the ink and paints wont bleed into it.

Acrylics were used to add colour on the images, as background colour, and as a dodge-burn effect to manipulate brightness on the images. Lastly the fine lines were done with permanent markers.

In any case the whole experience of doing manual collages has been super fun, and I'd totally do more in the future. Here's some :)









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contact Form